Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Who Would Have Thought?

I will begin by admitting that I am a little tired today. It is all catching up a little!  However, it was a big day! Showered, ATE breakfast, and went to see the nutritionist and the doctor!

Breakfast was exciting!  I had an ounce of cottage cheese and an ounce of homemade applesauce with no sugar.  It went down beautifully.  I was able to eat it all and in the 1/2 hour time period!  This was the feeling of major success!  I enjoyed it too! 

The doctor's office was all around amazing!  First thing was to step on the scale.  I have decided that I am going to try very hard to not weigh at home.  I want to only weight at my appointments, however my next one is in September.  I don't think I will be able to wait that long.  I would like to just judge things by how my clothes are fitting and taking measurements, but that is a LONG time to stay of the scale!  I don't want to get hung up on numbers though.  It isn't about that nearly as much as it is about being healthier.  

So.......the number on the scale.......I lost 14 pounds this last week!!!!!  I just cannot even believe it!  I was super excited.  What a boost!

Then I got to see Dr. Dreamy, I mean Dr. Benjamin Deschner .  Not only is he easy on the eyes, he is really funny.  He is my new best friend though, because he took the drainage tube out!  WHOOP! It didn't hurt it was just the weirdest feeling ever! Having a tube pulled across the entire cavity of your body and out of a hole is just plain bizarre!!!

Today I wore real clothes, jewelry, and did my hair.  I had a wonderful doctor's visit, and my liquids are going down nicely.  

I am continually amazed out how easily this has all been to adjust to.  Don't get me wrong, I have moments where I stress a little, but it is all working out, and this new tummy and I are getting to know each other better! 

Tonight, I can lay on my side!  Oh the glory! 

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blog. Perhaps it's because it is the same template as mine! Seriously though, you are great at documenting a serious topic and experience in an entertaining and optimistic way. More power to you (thank you God) and enjoy your side sleep tonight!
    ~Linda Thompson

    ReplyDelete