Sunday, July 20, 2014

An Affair to Remember

I've been having an affair.  It's true, this pastor's wife with the amazing doting husband has been having an affair!  It all came out about seven months ago.  My mom was ill and in the hospital and I no longer had the energy to keep up with all the lies.  It was destroying me day by day and I needed to come clean.  This affair had been going on for years, and things were just getting out of hand.  It was time to begin the journey of putting things back together. 

I suppose if I am going to share this part of my journey, I should full you in on the object of my affections.  This adulterer was pulling me away from being the best wife, mother, and friend that I could be.  It was actually taking my life inch by inch, literally.  

The object of our affections can come in many forms.  Mine was not some perfectly chiseled hunk that was not my husband, but rather came in hunks, as in chocolate, pound cake, etc.  My wild affair was with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment