Sunday, August 24, 2014

One Month Surgiversary

I'll begin by saying that, if you've considered the surgery at all, don't put it off.  Start going through the process.  I feel like six months of waiting while learning, however beneficial it was, was the hardest part so far.  I know I'm only one month out, but I can tell you that this is the best gift I've ever given myself in my life.  And my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.  For the first time in my life, I feel in control.

The Negatives
I thought I would get the negatives out of the way first.  But I can't really think of any!  Maybe next month that will be easier, but at the moment, I don't feel there are any negatives -- except, of course, I would kill for a salad.  But it won't be long now.

Yeah.  Having the scale not move for two weeks wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but I took heart in my nutritionist's advice.  And I knew my clothes were feeling bigger, anyway.

Are there people who have lost more than me in the first month?  Probably.  But I have been able to keep food down, my energy level is great, and that is worth a ton!  I suppose I should be honest and say I did have one "bad" day, but it was all my own fault.  I went several hours without eating or drinking, and when I finally ate, I ate too much too fast.  It was not fun, but it was a good learning experience.  And if I stick by the rules, everything will be fine.

The Positives
1.   I'm in control.
2.   I've lost 23 pounds!
3.   I've lost 15 1/2 inches.
4.   I LOOK FORWARD to exercising!
5.   I have the energy to deal with 24 four-year-olds.
6.   I'm happier than I've been in a long time.
7.   I'm off almost all of my meds, and my blood sugars are still improving!
8.   The grocery bill is down. 
9.   I'm eating to live, not living to eat, and filling my body with good things.

10. Do I really need a number 10?  But if I must have one, shopping for smaller sizes has already become more fun!

I want to thank each and every one of you for reading, supporting, praying, and commenting.  You'll never know what an impact you have had on this journey so far!  I can't wrap this post up without thanking my two incredible boys for their constant support and encouragement.  I love you with all  my heart, and cannot wait for the adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment