Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's Actually A Good Thing

I am sorry it has taken me so long to update my blog.  It is actually a good thing, I have been feeling so good that I haven't taken the time to stop and blog! 

On Wednesday I went to see my favorite doctor (not!)  My labs were great.  The scale was way down. I have done everything he asked me to.  One would think this would provoke positive comments from him.  Oh no.  He proceeded to tell me that he has seen many people start out positive like me, but after a few years fizzle out.  Are you kidding me?  If I was backsliding I could understand this rant, but seriously?  Why would anyone do that?  I have GOT to find a new doctor.  Any suggestions? 

On Thursday I had a bit of a meltdown.  I had my first moment of, "I can't do this.  Why did I have this surgery?"  I had no idea where it came from.  Then I talked to my friend Toni.  She said, "I know why....your doctor put doubt in your head!"  She as exactly right.  What a jerk. 

Friday I was very proud of myself.  I went to an Early Childhood conference.  I dealt with the drinking and eating without any problems at all.  I lasted all day!  I walked around campus all day and didn't wear out.  The only hitch was sitting by strangers while my tummy made all of it's crazy gurgles.  I call it "speaking whale."  LOL!  I felt the need to explain to each person I sat by what was going on!  I hope this doesn't last forever!  I even ended my day by working in my classroom for a few hours!  I felt very accomplished! 

I have been walking more and it feels really good.  I don't know when I have looked forward to going out for a walk.  I am trying to walk a bit more each day.  I look forward to the day when I can start swimming! 

All in all I am very pleased.  It has not been as painful or difficult as I had expected.  There are a few difficult parts.  For instance, I want a salad or fresh fruit SOOOOO badly.  I am not craving junk!  I just want a salad!  I hope that someday that will be possible.  Some people can have them, and some can't.  

Also, the scale has not moved since about  a week out!  I was told this would happen.  For most it happens at week three.  I know I am doing what I am supposed to.  I can feel my clothes getting bigger.  I am only consuming 500-600 calories a day.  I just have to trust what they say and not let it get to me.  They say your body is just freaking out and it will catch up sooner than later.  Sigh.  I hope it is sooner and not later :0)  

It is getting easier every day to get everything in.  Eating has gone well.  I had an omelet on Saturday.  I wasn't sure how my tummy would handle it.  It went so well and tasted great!  I have been pretty agreeable with everything so far.  I just look forward to being past the mushy stage! 

Tomorrow I start back at work.  We go to a conference. Tuesday and Wednesday are staff meetings.  I am getting excited to see all these darling 4-year-olds!  Prayers for an uneventful week would be appreciated!                         

No comments:

Post a Comment